- Sell or donate any items you do not want or need.
- Call utility & service companies to determine a discontinue date.
- Complete all repairs that are necessary (for renters) or listed on your inspection repart (for homeowners).
- Set up installation/start up dates for utilities in your new home (gas, electric, water, etc.)
- Set up installation dates for TV, phone, and internet services.
- Contact a moving company, or reserve a truck
- If necessary, get a storage unit.
- To be super organized, create an inventory of your boxes and items in cach
- Begin collecting boxes (check at liquor stores, wholesale clubs, etc.)
- Purchase packing supplies: packing tape, large felt-tip markers for labeling, bubble wrap, and paper for wrapping.
- Make arrangements for travel, lodging, pets, children, etc. for the moving day.
- Contact USPS to set up forwarding of mail to your new address starting on
- PACK !
- Update your driver’s license, registration, and license plate.
- Register to vote.
- Change/update your insurance providers.
- Transfer all medical records, prescriptions, and school records.
- Alert your bank(s) all other financial institutions of your address change.
- Update any magazine subscriptions, newspapers, catalogs, etc.
- Give friends and family your new contact information.
Banora Point & Kirra